Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Greetings from New York!

Yep that's right, I'm in the Big Apple :-)

Ok, technically at the moment I am on Long Island, but will be going into the city soon enough!

Before I came out here, one of my student's said to me "Why are you going to New York? Isn't it destroyed?". No, it is most definitely still there.

Don't get me wrong, Hurricane Sandy did a LOT of harm to New York. The area I am in was not hit badly, but just a few miles away places were totally ruined. To me, though, after a disaster is one of the best times to visit an area. The economy of the area has taken a hard hit as well, and I plan on doing my part to help out! (Yay, shopping!)

It is currently a balmy 38 degrees (yikes), but the sun is out and the sky is clear (boo no snow).

This is yet another working vacation for me, so I am writing this during a break from teaching. My host is working as well, so I get to spend my mornings hanging out with the coolest black cat ever, Mikey. Seriously, he is awesome. Partly cause he is really a dog, who just happens to look like a cat. My friend taught him to sit, and give her his paw. Next, roll over!

Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying the ending of November, and everyone's Christmas preparations are going well! I spent a lot of time travelling yesterday, which created in me a deep desire to buy everyone's Christmas gifts from SkyMall....

No comments:

Post a Comment